View My Stats

Monday, August 3, 2009

Walt Disney World July 2009- Disney's Hollywood Studios


I went in to this park win low expectations. And it's a good thing I did.


DHS is in a state of disrepair. It has only a few rides (about 6) and a ton of short shows that don't constantly play ( around 15 of these). It's setup is also disorganized, with the two biggest rides- Tower of Terror and Rock'n'roller Coaster- are right next to each other, causing huge amounts of congestion.

They do have Toy Story Midway Mania there, but it's odd and with a Fastpass you don't even pass Mr. Potatoehead. Even though I think it fits DCAs theme better, this was my favorite ride in the park.
The Great Movie ride has to be updated. Most of those movies I have not seen and or heard of. I would suggest putting in just Disney movies into the ride. And it's such a shame that the beautiful building it's in is covered by that ugly hat, which is more or less just a merchandise stand.
Honestly, this park is worse then DCA. The only thing that saved the day was the 50s Prime Time Cafe, which I will discuss in a future post. DHS needs a lot of work. Unfortunately, Disney didn't fix it up before putting Animal Kingdom in, which not only causes problems for this park, but for that one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment