View My Stats

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget

Nine years ago, I was sitting in my third grade class when one child after another was picked up by their parents. My glassmaker dwindled to about 6 kids for some unknown reason.

Later that afternoon, the school psychologist came into the class and explained to us that there was a "big accident" in the city around the World Trade Center. Only when I came homemdid I find out the true horror about what occurred. My mom cried for so long that night.

My dad was working in the city. He was in the Towers several minutes before they were struck. He was one of the countless who were able to get out of that horror alive. Unfortuantely, the people who we do have numbers on did not make it.

The last thing I remember on September 11, 2001 is going to bed with the TV on. Except nothing was playing. There was only an American flag with a message. What it said, I do not remember.

***
God Bless all those who lost their lives on that tragic day. May their families also be blessed, as well as everyone affected by this.

I guess that includes all Americans. And people around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment