View My Stats

Monday, February 21, 2011

GH Weekly Roundup: Week of February 14


Do you want to know something odd? I was watching The X-Files on BBC America the other day, and I saw a pretty long ad for Sonny and Brenda's wedding. I've never seen a GH ad on another channel before, so I'm wondering if this was a special occasion to mark Sonny and Brenda's wedding after all these years.

Naturally, I have to open this week's column with the brand new revelation- Theo "The Balkan" Hoffman is married to Suzanne Stanwyk. And their son in Alexander. Though some might have suspected it, this caught me completely off-guard. Suzanne always seemed like she truly liked Brenda and that a friendship is there. So it really surprised me when it was revealed she was plotting to make Brenda pay.

Although I wasn't really surprised when it was revealed that Suzanne was trying to sabotage the wedding. But she apologized and Brenda forgave her. The way the interact, and Suzanne's reaction to Theo's wine toast before the wedding make me believe that Suzanne will try to help Brenda. Maybe it's just that Suzanne doesn't seem like a villain to me.

Carly, on the other hand, is bent on stopping this wedding. She really needs to just knock it off. Sonny took the precautions to stop Carly at any cost. And that includes having Max and Milo look after her. I love Max and Milo, but they seriously are inept. Sonny should have known that. Carly was easily able to get past the guards and run to the church where the wedding is being held up. We last saw her threatening to reveal Brenda's secret to everyone. If I were to bet, my guess is that Brenda has already told Sonny the truth about what happened in 2007. And only Sonny knows.

Meanwhile the wedding the being held up due to Jason's absence. Spinelli found out through DNA evidence that Theo is The Balkan. He was able to piece all the other occurrences together, and Sam, Jason, and Spinelli went to go contact Theo at his office. But when they got there, they found Molly. Molly had just overheard Theo say that he is the Balkan. As Molly and Spinelli went to the chapel, Sam and Jason were off to the Metro Court to take care of Theo.

Shawn is also crashing the wedding. He has his orders to kidnap Brenda, but thus far has been unable to do his job. He should have asked Carly for help. I'm sure Carly would be very happy to do anything to stop this wedding.

After several weeks, Lucky and Siobhan were finally able to find Megan and are about to rescue her. Of course, there's some gunfire right now, but what rescue doesn't involve a little gunfire?

The wedding is just about to get really good. The previews are promising. Will Sonny and Brenda really marry? Will Brenda be kidnapped? Will the truth be revealed to everyone? Will Jason walk Brenda down the aisle?

In other news, supposedly Rebbecca Hearst will not be leaving GH! And thank God! I'll continue to track these rumors and be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment