View My Stats

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, DCA!


DCA celebrated (not) it's 9th Birthday on February 8. And boy, has it come along way.

I used to be quite the DCA basher back in the day, and used to complain about the stupid puns, Sunshine Plaza, the lack of Disney quality rides (or anything else, for that matter), and the unthemed, unimiginative lands. But, I've actually grown tired of doing this. There are hundreds of others who do it for me. Why should I?

I'm one of those people who are now hopeful for DCA. The little additions throughout the years, specifically the closure of Superstar Limo, and the addition of Tower of Terror, have headed DCA in the right direction. And from what I have seen from the construction taking place around the park right now, it will be a beautiful, differen place then it was 9 years ago.

There's themeing. There's great rides. There's lush vegitation. And best of all, theyre using the California theme to use it's true potential. I've always loved the CA aspect, but felt it was executed poorly. But now, they're really exploring such a wide theme.

So, I am Happy to wish DCA a very Happy Birthday, with all the hope for the future, and all the excitement for what's to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment